Security Deposit for Cash Payments Only
For cash payments at all Airports, certain routes and last-minute bookings, we required a security deposit of US Dollar 30.00. (effective 1 November 2017)
Why is this required?
Our vehicles are despatched from Angeles City (thus our name, Angeles City Taxi). As much as we would like our customers to have the ability to pay the fares in cash, abandonment of bookings and no-shows incur a high cost on us. Apart from fuel, toll fees for both ways, and parking fees at the airport; our drivers don't get paid for the trip.
Our other alternative is to force all our customers to make full payments via credit card prior immediately upon their bookings.
However believe that we should give you the freedom to choose the mode of payment.
Will my credit or debit card be charged for this security deposit?
No. Your card will not be charged as we are only requesting your card company for a USD 30 authorization as a security deposit.
How does this work?
- This is similiar to a security deposit when checking into a hotel using a credit card.
- An authorization is made from your card company to us to hold up to USD 30 as a security deposit.
- The auhorization automatically expires after 29 days.
- Learn more about card authorization
Can we be trusted?
- Read what other customers have said about us
- You don't have to trust us with your card details. The entire process is handled by PayPal.
- Your card details are NOT entered on our website but on PayPal's website.
- We can provide proof of voiding the authorization if you request for it.
I don't have a PayPal account, can I still place the security deposit
Yes. A PayPal account is not required.
You can use any credit/debit card that has the Visa, Mastercard or AMEX logo on it.
Please note that the reversal on certain debit cards may take longer than credit cards.
This is determined by your financial institution and not PayPal.
Are my financial details safe?
The card authorization is done by PayPal and your financial details are not shared with us or held by us. Only PayPal has your card details. You will also be protected by PayPal's Buyer Protection programme.
What happens after my trip ends?
- We cancel and void the authorization.
- And we will not be able to make further authorization requests.
- As no charges were made, it will not show up in your monthly statements.
What happens if I cancel my booking?
- Cancellation made before 24 hours prior to pickup time: We will cancel and void the authorization.
- Cancellation made less than 24 hours prior to pickup time: We will process the authorization and your security deposit will be forfeited.
What happens if I don't cancel my booking or don't show up for my pickup (No show)?
The authorization is processed and your security deposit is automatically forfeited.
Can I use this security deposit as part of the payment for my trip?
No, as no charge has been made to your card yet. We have just asked your financial institution to hold USD 30 of your credit on our behalf and it has not been transfered to us yet. When we cancel and void the authorization, that credit of USD 30 is released back to you.
What if I do not want to proceed with a security deposit?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to confirm your booking and pickup.